Does anyone know.... Question Regarding working at a school...

Does anyone know if you work as an aid at a school if you still get paid in the summer even though school is closed? If not, how do teachers and aids make money in the summer when they are off? I am looking to apply as an aid and I was just curious. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• My dad has been a teacher for almost 40 years! He coaches a summer baseball team adn used to have a painting company during the summer. To be honest, I think it depends on how the contract reads :)
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 11:07 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Teachers do because the pay is broken down so it can be paid through summer. I don't think aides get paid during summer.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:10 AM on May. 5, 2009

• It depends on if you are employed full time or not....My sister in law is an aid but only subs...so she doesn't get paid through the summer. I was thinking that if you were a full time aid in a classroom....you could spread your pay out so you could get paid in the summer too...I am not 100% sure though...
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 11:23 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Some school districts pay on a 12 month schedule, others on a 9 month schedule.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Usually you have the option of getting paid only during the school season or you can space it out over the entire year so that you have a check coming in monthly.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:54 PM on May. 5, 2009