Who here has heard of the WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH?

I watched a documentary on them called "Americas most hated family" it focused on one particular family of the church but also all other aspects of the church.

This "church" protests funerals where people have died of aids, they protest funerals of soldiers and marines.

They are not a church, they are a hate group. A cult.

If you do not know of them. Perhaps look at their website: www.godhatesf*gs.com

Or perhaps you will recognise the name: Fred Phelps. The leader of the group.

This man is such a hate monger that the UK has banned him from ever entering the country (aswell as his daughter)

If you have heard of him and his church please, give me your opinion.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:08 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• When went to their website the first time I almost threw up. I was sooooooo angry. I am a Christian and I can tell you I am so ashamed that they call themselves Christians too. They bring shame to the name of my Lord.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:33 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I would like to mention. that this is the man and the church that are giving christains a bad name.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:11 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Oh him and his congregants are full of crap. Hate, ignorance, intolerance, bigotry and just plain stupidity spew from their mouths. I understand that we have freedom of speech and the right to protest but those people push it too far. They are no kind of Baptist I have ever met. And I would hope the Baptist association will soon begin to take legal action to stop the Westboro people from using the denomination of Baptist to promote the opposite of the love. I am a Pagan and I find the Westboro people highly offensive and the worst example for human beings as we know it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:14 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Well, every religion has there extremist. They are a scary group of people. They tried to march on a 20 year olds funeral here in Michigan. The town refused to let them near the funeral. I think they are nuts and use religion as a way of terrorism.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:16 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Damn straight pnwmom. It sickens me the way these people act. Every time i see something about them i want to steal all of their god damn signs and set them on fire.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Heard of them and find them icky.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:25 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah I've heard of them!  They're the most hateful and ignorant people.

BTW I'm pretty sure I know the documentary that you saw.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:29 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Those people are sick and twisted. They aren't speaking the word of God, they are crazier than shit house rats! They absolutely disgust me. I'm not a violent person, but I would find great pleasure in punching each and every one of them in the face. I feel sorry for their children who are being taught such deplorable hate.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:31 AM on May. 5, 2009

• He is sick and ignorant. No words can fully describe how I feel about his cult. Sad to say that some radical people on CM are not too far off from these loonies!!!!!
    ChrisandLiz

Answer by ChrisandLiz at 11:45 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I have never, ever met a Christian who behaved like these people in my life, and I'm in the deep south. I don't know how they could "give christians a bad name", since they aren't even really christians. They're just total wackos, a cult of insanity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 5, 2009