I need some decorating ideas PLEASE!!!

I have a a 6 year little boy and 2 girls (4 years and 10 months). We had the older 2 in one room but it's getting time to combine the girls. I have no idea how to do it to be fair to both of them. It's a small room and my older daughter has a HUGE bed that will be replaced at some point and tons of clothes and toys that she doesn't play with (she is always playing with one of the other kids' toys). But we are still using the rocking chair, crib and changing table/dresser from the nursery. There isn't enough room in that to put my older girl's clothes into. I have a bad back so I have to use the changing table so I have to take that...I could go on for days about this. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

pcmomga

Asked by pcmomga at 11:11 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Is the boys room bigger where you could swap the girls to the bigger room? You may have o put some of the toys in the living room or somewhere else. Shelves on the walls are also good to store toys. you can put baskets on the shelves to store smaller stuff. I told my dd whatever toys she sold in the garage sale she could use the money for something fun to do in the summer..like putt putt or going to the movies. Your daughter really needs a twin bed if they are going to share a room. Can the rocking chair go in the living room? Baskets can be slid under the crib to hold toys or even baby clothes so yur 4 yr olds could go in the dresser.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:18 AM on May. 5, 2009

• We are definetly going to put the girls in the bigger room and my oldest DD has a twin bed already but it was my DS (it's a captain bed..the kind with the drawers underneath. It's huge because it's just so boxy). I don't know why I never thought to put the rocking chair somewhere else..that's s obvious. Thank you! I feel like a fool now but oh well. What about colors? The baby was watermelon colors (my mom and I made all of her bed stuff and recovered the rocking chair, so I'd like to keep it). The older 2 had UGA while they shared and that will go with my DS. So I was either going to make new bedding or just buy it to save time...
    pcmomga

Answer by pcmomga at 11:32 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't think the bedding has to match. you could coordinate it by having the walls a pastel green or pink and letting your dd pick something to match the walls. I think you could buy a quilt at target or even a solid pink comforter and let the sheets be kid sheets. Kids always want the latest bedrooms so I think it is easier to keep updating the sheets to go with a nuetral comforter. i think you will be done with the watermelon stuff in about a year so let the 4 yr old have something else and when you little one is 2 you can coordinate her new bedding to your older daughters.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:55 AM on May. 5, 2009