Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I apply for the low income programs?

Answer Question

Asked by simone0123 at 11:19 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • try your local social services office

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 5, 2009

  • You can usually apply for food stamps online, and someone will call you within 3-4 days about it.
    Call the 1-800 number to WIC if you need that.
    Go to a housing authority and you can sign up for section 8, but you'll probably be on the list for 5 years, depending on where you live.
    What specifically are you looking for? Do you need help with housing, food, unemployment, baby formula? Or are you just signing up for everything?

    Answer by AriMicSun at 11:29 AM on May. 5, 2009

  • Most state websites have areas where they tell you how to apply for assistance. Where I live you can apply for food stamps, medicaid, cash assistance, etc all on one application. Since you have access to a computer (I assume since your on CM), just look up your state website and look around for assistance programs, etc.


    Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.