Dom DeLuise dies

Dom DeLuise, the comic actor who starred in several Mel Brooks films, has died, according to TMZ.com.

He was 75.

According to the celebrity gossip site, DeLuise died "peacefully in his sleep" at around 6 p.m. Monday night at a hospital in Los Angeles.

DeLuise starred in such Brooks films as "Blazing Saddles," "Silent Movie" and "History of the World: Part I." He also starred in Brooks' "Spaceballs," a spoof of "Star Wars," playing Pizza the Hut.

He was also a frequent co-star of Burt Reynolds, appearing with the actor in such films as "The Cannonball Run" and its sequel, as well as "Smokey and the Bandit II."

Please check back for updates on this developing story.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Just wanted to post eventhough no question

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• aww man that sucks i liked him
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:33 AM on May. 5, 2009

• blazing saddles was awesome!
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 11:38 AM on May. 5, 2009

• To bad, I always liked him.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:48 AM on May. 5, 2009

• We just saw him in "Robin Hood-Men in Tights" the other nite. Had to point him out to my oldest because his son David is the dad on "Wizards of Waverly Place" that my son watches.

He was one of the greats, when I was growing up in the 70's he was everywhere.

RIP Dom. You will be missed.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:57 AM on May. 5, 2009

• That's sad...he was 75??? Now I feel old...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:57 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I had NO idea he was 75!! :-) He always seemed so full of life!
    Anonymous

• Very sad.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I love Cannon ball , Smokey and the bandit, best little whorehouse in Texas, and blazing saddles..he even provided the voice for Jabba the hutt for spaceballs...He was so funny!
    RIP Dom ...He seemed like so much fun!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:41 PM on May. 5, 2009