Does anyone know why my nipple would be super sensative?

lately my left nipple has been very tender/sensative. i am at the end of my 4th month. can anyone tell me why this would happen? i also noticed that my right nipple had a bit of crust in it when i took my shower. am i leaking on the right and if so why would my left one not leak?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's with the milk production.....you'll start to notice leaking or that if you squeeze it gently milk will bead out. And all breasts are different, you may notice one already leaking or more sensitive but that doesn't mean they both aren't producing milk. I'm only about 5 weeks pregnant with my second, but with my son I had one nipple grow three times it's normal size and the other one stayed the same as usual....both produced milk!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:58 AM on May. 5, 2009

• your breasts are producing collostrum, not milk, that comes in after birth. maybe the sore nipple is clogged, and that you should ask doc about. you should not try to express anything from the breast as it can cause uterine cramps and labor. With the clooged one, use warm compress ont he nipple a few times a day and if it doesnt help, ask doc. I just had my son 3 weeks ago so I just went thru it sll. It could also be that the sore nipple is just more sensitive, there were times my breasts/nipples hurt so bad I couldnt wear anything that rubbed against it.your actual milk will come in 2-3 days after birth. :o)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:04 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It's the hormones. Your breasts are preparing to produce milk. Some women leak enough during their pregnancies that they have to wear breast pads.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:33 PM on May. 5, 2009