Is there a way to save money on cell phone bills?

We have Verizon 3 lines. I want to cut our bill down. It is around 175 per month. I have thought about prepaid.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on how much you use your phone. We got our oldest child a prepaid phone. They have had some issues with the school bus this year..lots of subs and kids getting dropped off at the wrong place. I don't use my cell very much and when my contract runs out I am going to get the prepaid one too. It is a lot cheaper if I can only pay for what I use. I personally will save about $60.00 a month when I can switch.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:06 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I think the best thing I ever did was to get the unlimited family text plan. With AT & T it costs 30.00 per month, but it is well worth it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If you are under contract, see if you can lower what minute plan you are on. Like if you are on 1400 minutes see if you can drop down to the next level. Then whe contract is up look into the prepaid and see if it would benefit you.i have heard of trac phones, but don't have a clue what they are and how they work. Maybe something to look into. But for now i would see if you can cut down what plan you are on. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• Keep track of the minutes you actually use -- you may not need unlimited voice or messaging plans. Also, use your cell phone only when you have to -- if you have a landline and are just making local calls while at home, use your landline. I remember when I got my first cellular phone, I would only use it for emergencies on the road. Now, it's like another appendange - LOL!
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:30 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Lower your minutes or just get rid of it. As much as we think they are, unless it's required for a job, cell phones are NOT a necessity.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 6:25 PM on May. 5, 2009