Am I the only one? (this question is aimed at unmarried moms but anyone can answer)

Who gets annoyed when people assume the my SO is my husband? I mean i know it shouldnt bother me, but it does. I cant quite firgure out why.. I guess more cuz peope just assuming stuff.. I dont have to be married to have a happy family.. and i gues it bugs me when people call him my hubby without even bothering to ask if we are amarried are not! does anyone else ever feel this way or am i just wierd?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:03 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• me and adam are not married, but we dont care whether poeple say we are or not. If it offends you, then say something about it.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I feel the opposite. I'd rather they assume we are married than assume that we are just shakin up together.
    Anonymous

• i feel then exact same way... it bugs th shit out of me and i know it shouldnt
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 12:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Maybe it bothers you cause deep down you want to be married.
    Anonymous

• just bark back.... "he's not my husband! He's my BOY FRIEND"

Anonymous

• It doesn't bother me because I think it is funny when they think were married then they automatically think he's my sons father and ( they look nothing alike) and say wow your son looks so much like you : ) We laugh, one of his freinds cusins said " man I think Sancho visited your house"
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:09 PM on May. 5, 2009

• When I address mom's here at cafe mom that might be either single, married, or have a partner.. I don't try to assume but it does happen... I don't think it is intentional to hurt your feelings or make you mad.. it just happens ... sorry =(
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I had my first two kids before my husband and I got married. It never bothered me when people asked me if we were married. Unless you are totally against marriage or you know that you will never marry this guy then I don't see what the problem is.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I agree with anon 12:06
    You not being married and having a family is fine if that is what you want.
    But people who view a family and have morals most likely will think that
    you are married.
    What is it with you people today...playing house before you get married.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:18 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Dannee and I agree.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:10 PM on May. 5, 2009