were you married before you had your kids?

I am pregnant with number 2 due in october and i am with their father.. we live together but are NOT married and i persoanlly dont plan on it anytime soon.. honeslty i dont see the point, its just a piece of paper (TO ME.. not bashing anyone)

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 12:05 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I was 5 months pregnant with my first when I got married.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Absolutely was married before children. Married about 3 years before we had kids. Marriage is more than just a piece of paper to me....it's a lifelong covenant with not only my husband, but God as well.
    Anonymous

• It is your life, live it the way you want. I was married before I had children, it was better for me, but not for everyone.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes for 7 years. It wasn't important to us to be married but the military requires it so we had to get married to get the insurance and to live together in housing.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• nope im not married and i dont want to get married anytime soon
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 12:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• With my first 2 we were married first and then got pregnant shortly after we said I do.. and then we got a divorce and I met my husband now and we were married before we concieved but trying before we actually got married. I do not bash for those that choose not to get married.. it is there choice =)...
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I was married and then became pregnant a few months later. I was raised that having a child out of wedlock was shameful and a disgrace to the family. Of course times have changed and so has society.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We were married for a year before I got pregnant.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes we were married. Even though I view marriage as a contract. I wanted to be in that contract before I had children. As I said in another question. There are certain perks that a man and woman have when they are married.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes, married before children. We wanted to make sure that we had a stable marriage so that new human beings that we brought into the world would have this stability and security. In fact, we discovered that we enjoyed just being a couple and actually had to decide that if we wanted children that we'd better be having them. And we are very glad that we did as we see them settled down with families of their own.

Answer by Bmat at 12:42 PM on May. 5, 2009