• In the Spotlight:

Saving for a Vacation

I want to start to save for a family vacation. We go on some little trips where we drive to nearby places and see the sites, or have been camping or visit family. I would like to save so my dd and I can go on vacation. It will probably take awhile..maybe 2 yrs so we can go somewhere like the grand canyon or disney. Do you have any fun ways to save...can't do a cussing jar..but want a fun way to put our change in a jar so we both work towards the goal..Need ideas!!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:15 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We have a huge jar we put change into called a family vacation jar.. This only works if people arent going to go into it looking for change for pop or stuff like that at school. lol Once it gets filled I take it to the bank and put the money in savings. You could put pics of your future vacation on the jar like Mickey if you go to disney some of my kids bring me all the change they can find. You could also have a challenge between you and your dh whoever donates the most coin that week or month gets a full body massage.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 12:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• okmommy that is so funny, I grew up with a huge glass jug called the "vacation jar" My parents always put change in it at the end of each day and now my DH and I do the same thing.

OP make it a contest. Have seperate jars and see at the end of the time period which jar has more money his or hers or the kids.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:22 PM on May. 5, 2009