back labor?

I went to the doctor, im effaced but not dialating. my back and my right leg are hurting like all get out today, and doesn't seem to be letting up no matter what i do, it hurts to walk it hurts to move? could i be in back labor, the only other hurt im having is menstural like cramps............. but with my back constantly hurting, i can't figure out how to time them!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try to talk to your doctor..may be back labor..same thing happened to me with my 2nd child
    Anonymous

• Timing contractions..You count from the time they start till the time they end. Then when the next one starts and that one ends. You also count how many minutes apart it takes for each contraction to start.

Back labor is a sign of real labor...not braxton hicks. It sounds like labor to me. Call the doc once you know you are 5 minutes apart on contractions. Has your water broken? Lost your plug?
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It 's sounds like that might be it. My best friend had back labor and she said she couldn't time it, it was just a constant pain. I would recomend going to labor and delivery and have them check you and tell them your symptoms. She had hers all day and finally went to the hospital and was 9cm and had her daughter not even 5 minutes later. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i had all back labor.thats what it sounds like.think epidural.call the dr in a while...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 12:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Sounds like the baby it pressing on a nerve to your leg, try laying on the opposit side. I know back labor sucks, unfortanatly there is very little you can do until you go to the hospital and recive that oh so wonderful eperderal! Good Luck
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 12:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It sounds like it could be back labor. I had that with my son. It was a pain going down my right hip that I couldn't streach out. The contractions satrted a little later. Call your ob if you are unsure they may want to check you out.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:42 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I had back labor with my son as well and it was almost a constant pain in my lower back!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:35 PM on May. 5, 2009

• thanks for all the answers!! I'm just trying to avoid the hour trip to the doctor to be sent home.... you have all been really helpful!
    Anonymous