bottles/breastfeeding (not a which is better question!)

I'm exclusively breastfeeding my daughter. She is 9 weeks old.
When I give her a bottle of breastmilk she can easily drink 6oz. She has drank 7 before but she was just stuffed.
I don't force her to finish it or anything, that's just what she eats.
Is that because it's from a bottle, or do you think she eats that much when on the breast aswell?
She eats about every 2 to 3 hours for anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes. I know I have enough milk because on top of feeding her I can pump like 8oz every morning.

She also sleeps from about 9 till 7/8 each night.

I'm just curious because that seems like alot of milk for a 9 week old. if she is getting about 6oz every feed that's like 40+ a day :|

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 12:20 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Weigh her before each feeding and after that will tell you how much she got from the breast. If she is full then don't worry about it. Babies change their feedings all the time so she may eat more or less. The only way is to weigh before and after each feeding.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:25 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If your breast feeding between 20 - 45 minutes each feeding then I think she is getting about what she takes when you put your breast milk in a bottle.. babies will not over eat (so I've been told).. and you said you don't make her finish if she is acting full your doing an awesome job momma just keep doing what your doing =)
    Mommy2seven

Answer by Mommy2seven at 12:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am guessing that she doesn't take that much in at the breast each time she eats... she probably is taking 3-4 oz at a time... my son always eats more when he gets a bottle too and usually can go longer than between feedings. So when I am at work he might take 2 bottles for 8-10 oz but at home he would have breastfed 3-4 times and I assume get the same about to drink.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:15 PM on May. 5, 2009