Sooo...say I got pregnant this weekend...

are my chances of having multiples higher since it was my first cycle since giving birth 3 months ago?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've heard a couple different things, but I don't know how true they are: First, that you're more fertile your first cycle after baby, and second, that your chances of multiples are higher.

Best of luck mama!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:30 AM on May. 6, 2009

• You will have multiples if its in the cards. Nothing can make you have them or give you a higher chance other than fertility pills or a large family history.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Nope. I had my last one 7/31/08 and got pregnant again in Oct 2008. I'm now 28 weeks with just one. Your chances of muliples can go up with the more children you have. I think it's a higher rate after having like 5. My MIL had 12 and no muliples, SIL has 13 and no muliples. This is my 4th and my oldest just turned 5. I think you have the same risk as last time.
    Anonymous

• I had a stillborn at 21 weeks. I had noticed him moving a lot- then suddenly nothing for 2 days straight. I called my doctor who finally said to come in and have the nurse take a listen for heart tones. There was none. I had to be induced to give birth.

We dont talk much about it at all. I have 5 living children and one on the way. Its not a story I tell much, nor do I post pictures about it all over cafemom because its not the kind of thing one just loves to remember. With the 4th anniversary of his death being tomorrow though... it's nice to be able to tell the story.

Thats my scary pregnancy story.

I've had problems here and there with the others but nothing compared to that.
    Anonymous

• Anon: posted wrong answer for this question. It wont let me delete. Sorry.
    Guess that serves me right for even bringing it up.

Anonymous