Is $2000 per child per year enough??

Is spending ONLY $2000 on clothes per child per year enough?? I am talking about just BRAND NEW! On the side she goes yard saling and to a few good wills and such.

I am asking because I have a friend that doesnt know how to spend money well and thinks shes gotta have everything for her kids right when the items come out.

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 12:35 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• that is WAY more than I spend each year per child.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:36 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We spent that much on our daughter and she is 8 months old and has outgrown most of them already. We bought her 12 month old stuff and she is in almost 18 month old clothes now. In 8 months we have spent well over 2,000 on clothes alone but thats just us.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Wow! That's alot! Are we talking shoes too? I spend about $500 a year on clothes and about $200 on shoes.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Damn!! I wish you were my mom growing up!! We didn't get that much for ourselves!! I say if you got it to give then so be it! I'd do the same for my kids if I could.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• no way! our daughters only 4mths n $2000 was in llike 5 months (only clothes n shoes) .. my son is 4 & 2000 lasts 2 months,maybe
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't spend anywhere NEAR that lol! My kids get probably $500 worth of clothes per year. We buy only on sale. We shoe shop at Payless when they have the buy one get one sales and we do The Children's Place when they have their sales. I get my daughter super cute clothes for about $5-$10 per outfit. Then again she is 4, so she isnt growing out of them quite as quickly! We buy 2 pair of tennis shoes and one pair of sandals each year per kid and they make them last and they don't look like crap either. We go to JC Penney when they have the buy one get one for 88 cents sales. There are ways to buy your kids new clothes and not spend $150 a month on clothes lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I can buy 4 children clothes for the entire year with $2000.

My dd, who is 6, I spend about a $100 to $150 on school clothes. This includes 1 to 2 pair of shoes, about 7 capri/short outfits, panties and socks. Then around October she gets about 5 pairs of jeans. I will also buy her atleast one more pair of shoes before the Christmas and one after before school is out. I spend about $255 to $300 total a year on her.

My twin boys get a pair of sandles for summer, tennis shoes for winter and spring, about 5 outfits for summer and about 5 for winter. I spend about $125 to $175 per boy, so $250 to $350 for both.

With my youngest, I haven't spend but $50 on him since he was born. But that is because of his brothers clothes. But if I was buying all new clothes, I would spend about $150.

Total amount for 4 kids: $655 to $800.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I spent about half that on DD clothes and I bought her everything, shoes socks, dresses, coats, winter summer, etc. I got her all name brand and sacrificed nothing in price because it was on sale, ebay, online, or on sale. You do not have to spend a ton to get name brand clothing.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 7:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If they're teenagers it's no where near enough.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:14 PM on May. 5, 2009

• like PP poster said, I guess it depends on where you shop. We just got some killer deals at Kohls and I love the clearance rack sales at The children's place. I dress three kids, all in brand name clothes, for about $2,000 a year total. $6,000 a year for clothes would be just insane on my salary alone (I'm a single mom). That would be $500 a month on clothes alone.... wow!

Glad that some of you have it like that.... but we don't feel bad about not having it like that though. I'm quite happy with my kids cute wardrobes.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:43 PM on May. 5, 2009