Two year old daycare issues

I just got a job working in a child care center . My two year old daughter now has to go to day care while i work. Luckily it the same center so if anything happens im right there. But my question is How do i make her transition easier. She went last week and we are now on week two and she is screaming all day the teachers are overwhelmed with her and i feel helpless . lol Is there any tips you ladies can share with me that made the transition easier on both you and baby..

Wassybear

Asked by Wassybear at 12:39 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Stay away so she can't see you. Don't check on her or peak in on her. Kiss her good bye and go on with your day. She will get past it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:40 PM on May. 5, 2009

• No tips, just know that your child will get over it and come to enjoy the interation. In my experience it doesn't take longer than 2 week for them to start adjusting unless older than 2. So it should start to get better soon.

Also, do not let your child see you during the day. It's OK to peek in and check on her, but don't visit b/c it'll start the crying all over again once you leave. Once your daughter is comfortalbe there, then it'll be Ok to visit.
    Anonymous

• I work at a day care and there is a mother and her son there. Her son wont listen to any of the other teachers if she is there. She will decipline him, cause we really cant. We as other teachers try to help both of them adjust by not putting them in the same room as mom and son. Sometimes it happens. and there has been a great improvement. She will eventually find friends there and she will start having fun, and you can do your job!
    lildancer0711

Answer by lildancer0711 at 12:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i dont peak or go in i dont even call because im in the next classroom and i can hear her screaming.. They had my close friend and co worker go in and try to sooth her thinking maybe a fermiliar face would help.. It didnt.. I brought in her blanket and special toy but it doesnt help..
    It worries me the teachers said they cant handle her.. She is not a bad kid..
    Wassybear

Answer by Wassybear at 12:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I worked at a daycare for 4 years..had parents work there and nothing will help but time. Do exactly as the others said and she will be fine. They are used to dealing with a constantly screaming child believe me.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:50 PM on May. 5, 2009