Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can my ex get away w/ this?

He was already 4 thousand dollars behind in CS we had a hearing they raised it. He made 1/2 or no payments for about 3 months. They took his income tax refund and since the (about a month ago) has made NO payments. How does he get away with this!


Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • I don't know.... I haven't got a single payment in over 3 years. I guess, "child support recovery" is a joke for most people. I've just learned to live without it.


    Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:45 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • How much did they take? It wont be long before they issue a warrant and he will be in jail. Keep up on it and report it each month when you don't receive the money.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • op here about $1300

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • no matter what happens never give up and keep in touch with CS. Mine is just NOW paying and our kids are in their 30's. I know it doesn't help now (we liked to have starved to death when the kids were young) but never let him get out of paying. Continue to complain to CS and they will finally catch up. There are just so many dead beat dads that CS gets busy but if you keep complaining they will keep on top of it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 12:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • He needs an automatic deduction from his paycheck. Some states will do this, but I don't think they all do.

    My dad got a new family when I was 11. Mom had never had a job. She raised 3 kids with no child support because dad didn't understand that concept and there weren't any laws back then. She worked 2 or 3 jobs all the time to do it.

    Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

  • It depends on what state you are in. Here is WA we could put my step-sons mother in jail only if we elected too. They have suspended her drivers license, and have a lean against her SSN. If she ever gets a legitamate job, they will take half of her income until it's paid off. She hasn't paid anything in 6 years and is over $10,000 behind.

    Answer by Angel8203 at 3:16 PM on May. 5, 2009