Is it normal to be 7 weeks pregnant and a sonogram only show the placenta?

I think it is the placenta? The black bubble around the baby. You couldn't even see a thing only the thing around the baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I had my ultrasound of my son (in 2000) i was told I was 4 weeks along and I could see the alien head with his big eye sockets. Now at 4 weeks you aren't supposed to see that, just a sac. So I would say give it time.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If there was a problem they would tell you. At 7 weeks the baby is no bigger than a lima bean so your not going to see much. If it were an empty sack they would tell you or do further testing. Could they see a heart beat?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• At six to eight weeks, what you see is a a black sack, which is the bag containing amniotic fluid, and what looks like a little bean with a heartbeat in the middle, you baby. :-) The placenta, which will look grayish and fuzzy, doesn't even start to develop until about nine to eleven weeks, when many women experience the worst morning sickness symptoms.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• At my earliest u/s with my kids they looked like a egg with a yolk in the middle : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My 5 week ultrasound with twins there was nothing seen but a sac. They didn't even have a clue it was twins. You may not be as far along as first thought either. I wouldn't worry to much yet. They normally go by the measuremnts of the baby to give you an accurate duedate so you may have just ovulated later than they think.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 9:21 AM on May. 6, 2009