Children taken away from parents because of breasfeeding!

http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/7BB12C41-8721-4522-8C5F-8626F0088DE3/

This is atrocious! In the comments below you casn see the resoultion of the case.
What do you think of this happening IN AMERICA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I personally don't like taking pictures of me feeding my child. It's personal and I see no reason to take that picture.

However, I don't judge others for it, and no matter how old a child is that is the absolute worst reason to take a child away from his/her parents.

And since when is nursing a "sexual performance"? As far as I know it's to feed you child, but I guess I could be wrong.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 1:38 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Once they are past the age of needing it and they are 2 to 10 years old then yes. Your child does not need breast milk to survive once they can eat table food and drink other things. Its a bit drastic but i feel its disgusting to see a 7 year old breastfeeding in public. I think it even nasty after about 6 months or so and definitely by 1 or 2.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't continue to breastfeed once the children get TEETH.. But thats just my opinion.. and in this case, there was a picture of the child on the nipple? Why take that. ??? Breastfeeding is beautiful and natural, but to take a picture of your boob in the 1 year olds mouth and develop it.. that's just nasty
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 12:58 PM on May. 5, 2009

• This IS horrible! I should hope the parents sued the photo tech.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• This was a 12 month old baby here, A BABY, not a child of 3 or 4 or more!
    Anonymous

• I think this is terribe GOVT is too big if they startcontrolling breastfeeding!!!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:04 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am not a breastfeeder but that's horrible. It was a baby not an older child and there's nothing wrong with breastfeeding a baby. I hope the parents file charges against the dang clerk.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:04 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You people are unreal. I have taken pictures of myself breastfeeding now I am a weirdo?

This is a testament to how ridiculous our society is about sex. Breast are for feeding babies first and are play things for men later. We should be outraged about what this family had to go through because of some idiots hangups.

And If you won't breastfeed after your kids get teeth, to bad for your kid. The World Health Organization recommends BF until age two. The American Pediatric Association recommends BF until age one.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• The world health organization recommends nursing for a MINIMUM of TWO years. There is NOTHING sick, disgusting, or wrong about nursing a 2 year old. I would have sued the photo tech, and the people who arrested me. There would be NO way they would get away with this. My daughter nursed until she was 21 months old. There was nothing sexual, but I DID have nursing pictures. I would get the ACLU and the LLL to get in on this. There would be a HUGE lawsuit on their hands, the city and state would have to deal with one pissed off, educated mama.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a ONE year MINIMUM of nursing. No MAXIMUM either. Stupid ignorant assholes.

The first two posters know nothing about the benefits of breast milk apparently, or natural weaning ages. It's just lack of education in the US and it's a very sad thing.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I just cannot fathom removing the children from the home, including a nursing baby, under the pretext of calling a picture of the child nursing "the performance of a sexual act by a child" WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE"S (prosecuters) BRAINS?????
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:08 PM on May. 5, 2009