Where do you vacation with a new born and a three year old?

My husband and I are trying to plan a vacation for next spring and hopefully by then we will have another baby. Were thinking about going back to were we honney mooned in Branson Missourie and staying in a condo off the lake for 5 nights. I need help with some ideas as to what we can do while were up there. I already planned on all of us going on a dinner cruise and riding this thing called the ducks where they take you for a tuor on the road and then it turns into a boat and you go into the water. Im really wanting to rent a boat off the lake for 4 hrs. but they wont let children on the boat with our a life jacket and I dont know where I can find one to fit a two or three month old. I know that we cant sit through a show so what else do you think we could do?

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:02 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Travel

• Haha! You don't go on vacation. Find a babysitter and go by yourselves. I can't imagine it would be much of a vacation with a newborn JMO.
    Anonymous

• Well I wouldn't count on a baby unless you know your pregnant as things could change but you can find them online or at DICKS sporting goods. Do anything you can while your there. its hard to find anything age appropriate for a 2 possibly 3 month old.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• OP....
    No we dont believe in leaving our children behind while we go and have fun. Were a family and we want to take a vacation but thanks for your input. Besides once you have children its all about them or atleast thats what my husband and I feel. It wouldnt be the same with out my children.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I like the idea of the lake or even the ocean. The newborn can stay under an umbrella, and the toddler can play in the sand and paddle in the water, find shells and stones. No dressing up -other than sunblock for all and beach clothes. A relaxed atmosphere. With a newborn it may be a good idea to not plan on sightseeing or energetic touring.

Answer by Bmat at 1:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Look on line perhaps for a life vest. We got one for our son when he was 5 months old at a store here called Wildware. I would check out Rei.com unless you live by an Rei store. You can pretty much do anything with them that you would normally do. Miniature Golf would be fun. Just put the baby in a sling. I would also think that Branson would have some kind of children museums. Have fun! We take our kids with us everywhere and have a blast. Anything you do your 3 year old is going to find exciting.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• How can you not want time with just you and your husband once in awhile? I mean, do you do everything together...and by that I mean...you know...everything? Weird.
    Anonymous

• Thank you every one for the advice! The sling idea was great! I look forward to a relaxing vacation with my family :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:02 PM on May. 5, 2009