did you know/have a feeling when you were going to get proposed to?

my bf told me when he's going to do it ... not WHEN WHEN , but like its "not going to be next year , or 4 years from now" (he said the 4 years bc of arguments we have) ... so hes going to do it this year ... i just dk when this year ... but did you know?

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:32 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• He told me he wanted to marry me all the time, but he was just talking, when he acctually for real asked me I wasn't expecting it at all, I thought I did something wrong and was scared when he said " Can I ask you someting" It was so not how I alway thought I would be asked and I think that made it so much better.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:34 PM on May. 5, 2009

• No, I didn't have a clue. I had always thought we'd come back from a romantic meal and he'd get down on one knee or at least sit beside me on the sofa and hold my hands tenderly and then pop the question an offer a pretty ring. Instead we washed his car, came in all grubby, and while we were watching TV he said he guessed that we should get married. LOL! I actually had to ask if he were proposing. :)

Answer by Bmat at 1:35 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I had no idea...he surprised me on Christmas Eve. We were at his parents house. After presents, he said "Oh, look there's one present left under the tree." It was addressed to me from Santa. I opened it, it was a wedding ornament. I was really confused. Till he got down on one knee and asked me.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:37 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes I knew about when he was going to propose. I just didn't know how. I was on patrol...looooong day and after I got off duty I came home to rose petals and daisies scattered on the floor from the front foyer to the master bedroom in my house. I get to my room and there is a plate of candles on my bed, roses and daisies around the candles, chocolate squares paired for his personality (german chocolate) and mine (creme brulee), a ring box with an LED light in the top of the box illuminating a gorgeous diamond ring and 3 cards folded up that read "NO" "?" and "YES". I started crying and he was hiding in the bathroom. I chose the "YES" card and he outlined his hand and drew an arrow to the ring finger which read "place ring here". The "NO" card read..."Wrong answer. Try again!"

It was very cute and I love the sappy romantic side of him.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:38 PM on May. 5, 2009

• By the way...Congrats and keep us posted! And stop arguing! LOL.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:39 PM on May. 5, 2009

• mamaada - no need for congrats , its not gunna happen! lol hes a man of his word EXCEPT for this ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:40 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Huh? You lost me.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:42 PM on May. 5, 2009

• mamaada- even tho he said hes going to ... it wont happen , he keeps his word about everything , except this ... he changes his mind and gives me excuses every damn day ... i lost hope really lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Oh...I see. Hey, when it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Don't pressure him to do it. The more pressure you put on him,the more you sound desperate. I'm thinking he'll do it at a spur of the moment time when you are least expecting it! Good luck and I hope it happens soon.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:48 PM on May. 5, 2009

• mamaada - im beginning to think marriage isnt worth it ... like if someone tells u they love u enough to do it , but gives u 8 million excuses as to why they wont do it ... than its probably a waste of time to be w/ that person ? ... idk i hate him lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:50 PM on May. 5, 2009