How do I find a long lost relative?

My cousin and I grew up together, until we where 15- then since her parents where divorced she stopped all of a sudden visiting her Dad-my uncle. I had a baby last June and it makes me think about if she had any kids, etc. I can not find her on the internet under her maddien name- she must be married. She no longer lives in the town she did as a teen. She wouldnt know my married name either, or where I live-so she cant find me-if she tried. Any ideas?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 1:34 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• look under the marrage licences in your state under her old name and it should pull up if she if married and how to.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:36 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We found my husbands brothers(hadnt seen them in 11 yrs) via MySpace. I found old buddies via Facebook

You could also do a people search via yahoo or google and put in all the info you know and see what it comes up with. Sometimes you get sent to Intelitus(something like that) and you can pay a small fee to have them give you info like known addresses, email, phone,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:36 PM on May. 5, 2009

• peoplesearch.com I think is a website.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 1:38 PM on May. 5, 2009

You could also do a people search via yahoo or google and put in all the info you know and see what it comes up with. Sometimes you get sent to Intelitus(something like that.

That is how I found my 4 brothers who I had not seen in 18 yrs. We had a family reunion in Feb 2009.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 1:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Would any of your family know her name/address? You could try doing people searches on facebook, google or yahoo. Another idea if you have time to research it- go to the library and look up her name in the city directories. I wish you luck and hope you find your cousin!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:50 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Did she graduate high school? If so you could contact the alumni association. They would have her by maiden name and have her married name if she attends reunions. Family won't tell you where she is? Do you talk to them or go to family reunions to ask someone in the family?

Answer by admckenzie at 2:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i would def do facebook (it is my personal preference). i found my SS on there that i hadnt talked to in 15 yrs. turns out shes living in a whole other part of the country now! but myspace works too. Good luck. oh and fbook is nice too, cuz a lot of women do put their mauiden name in there as well
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:22 PM on May. 5, 2009