has this happened to anyone else?

I am about 6 weeks pregnant with my second child,
my first pregnancy was totally smooth, no sickness or anything, he came out perfectly healthy and for some reason i thought i would have the same luck the second time around. well a day before my sons second birthday i was just finishing up getting ready and all of a sudden i got really dizzy and sat down and as soon as i did i started bleeding pretty bad. so i went to the hospital and they did millions of horrible invasive tests and made me wait like 4 hours before they told me anything, but i am still pregnant but the doctor told me i had something called a "threatened misscarriage" and something to do with the placenta had separated a little and that was why i was bleeding but i am now on bed rest for atleast a week or two , anyone else have this happen? how easy am i sapposed to take things because i do have a two year old. thanx 4 the help :)

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 1:37 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OOOhh placental abruption. Yeah you are going to have to find some help with that two year old. If your mom or his mom or anyone can come help you out it's for the best. the placenta needs to re attach to the uterne wall. And bed rest is that. Only geting up to shower or use the toilet ideally. While I haven't personally gone thru all of this I was on bed rest most of the time thru all my pregnancies. And I worked an OB office for awhile so I've seen it happen. Keeping you in thought and please do try to find some help to care for the other child. Stay off your feet as much as possible.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:48 PM on May. 5, 2009

• not much I can tell you. I am high risk and always being told not to lift anything heavy. Well, nobody can get my 5 yr old to listen b/c he never wants to get out of bed so I end up carring him. Today I can hardly walk from pulled muscles. I'm 28 weeks and I don't see things getting any better. GL
    Anonymous

• Um that is really weird because your placeta isnt formed at 6 weeks, your baby gets its nutrients from a yolk sac until later on. Maybe im reading your question wrong.
    bridget522

Answer by bridget522 at 2:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You may have had a subcoriardic hemmorage. I have had this bleeding issue with all 3 of my pregnancies. You need to follow the obgyns instructions very carefully- if they say bedrest then get help with your lo and stay in bed! These hemmorages resolve on there own after you rest for a while. They can be referred to as "threatened miscarriages" but that is an old school term for it. Yes, sometimes these bleeds do lead to miscarriage but more often if caught quickly you can proceed with a normal pregnancy without issue after a period of rest & you heal. Good luck!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:15 PM on May. 5, 2009