• In the Spotlight:

How long after being enganged did you get married

How long after being engaged did you get married? How long before you were engaged.

NicholeAT

Asked by NicholeAT at 1:39 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• 15 mos
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:42 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We were engaged about 10 months before we married- it was because I was away at university in another state. We got married soon after I got my degree. We knew each other about a year before we got engaged.

Answer by Bmat at 1:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Hubs and I were engaged 8 months-- he proposed in October and we married in June. We had been dating for 14 months when he proposed.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• We got engaged four years ago today =) we were only engaged 6 months before we got married cause of the military, and I wanted to be able to go with him to Hawaii. We dated for 2 years before we got engaged, and were friends 8 years before we started dating... crazy how long we have known each other.
    armywifeandmom3

Answer by armywifeandmom3 at 1:47 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Two months. (I married him while he was in jail. We didn't want to wait for him to get out so I could handle his affairs while he was gone)
    Anonymous

• we were together 5 years - got engaged and where engaged for 8 months. and i neeeeeeded more than 8 mos to plan the wedding!! it was a close call with the planning.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 1:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Engaged 2/1/09 - Eloped 3/31/09
    Anonymous

• We were together 6 years before getting engaged. We were engaged for 3 months before we got married. I originally planned on a 1-2 year engagement, but my great- gammie took ill and we knew how much it ment for her to see her only great granddaughter get married. So we ditched any ideas we had for the wedding, got married on family property on the water and only spent $1,000 on everything for the wedding.

Best idea I have ever had.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• 3 months.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:31 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Officially engaged...with the ring and all...eight months. But I knew I was going to marry him long before that.

My grandparents met in September, were engaged in October and married in November. They had 49 wonderful years together. I hope my dh and I will last that long.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:33 PM on May. 5, 2009