Afghan Officials Say Dozens Dead In Airstrikes

KABUL – "Bombing runs by U.S.-led coalition jets killed dozens of civilians taking shelter from a fierce ground battle between Taliban militants and Afghan and international forces, two Afghan officials said Tuesday. The U.S. confirmed fighting Monday in western Afghanistan and said reports of civilian deaths were under investigation."

Obama has sanctioned bombing in both Afganistan and Pakistan. In both areas it is well known that there are women and children therefore a high predictabilty of human causlties.
It is obviously Obamas belief that waterboarding is torture and he will not allow it to be done to terrorists even when we have proof that it saved Americans lives during the past 8 yrs.
Which would you prefer, a President who will not try to save Americans if it involves waterboarding terrorists or one who sanctions the blowing up of women and children?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:40 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Their will be unnecessary death no matter who is president what is your point ?

Anonymous

• I think they are two different things. If I grab you and single you out of a group of your friends not knowing which one of you threw a rock through my window, and torture you (and you may not have done it) for years then I know full well of who I have and who I am toturing.

If me and my friends decide to retaliate and throw rocks at all of you from a distance we have no clue who they will hit.

War is impartial. Toture is up close and personal. JMO.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 1:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Do you expect the libs to keep up their protesting and screaming on this now that their guy is in? hahahaha not going to happen.Now it will be "well this happens in war" suddenly they will have adopted that saying.
    Anonymous

• See this is one of the problems with terrorists. They have no problem using the innocent to hide among.

It is a war. Innocent people die in wars. Innocent people were dying in Afghanistan long before we got there. We can't just tell the terrorists to be nice and we will leave.

Be thankful there is no war on American soil.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:48 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Like i said weeks ago, Obama's Quagmirish Nam. Let's see how he addresses (or Not) this issue through Gibbs. God help us all.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:48 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Who is to say the ones trying to harm our soildiers and or were part of planned attacks weren't the ones taken? Were you there to know?
    Anonymous

• Newsflash, it's ok to kill people at random now because Obama said so. This is just too good for the opposition today, like a gift or something.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:52 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Anonymous

• Anon :49 needs to keep telling herself that so that she can sleep at night knowing who she helped put in office.
    Anonymous

• How about during the war in VietNam when ON THE GROUND, our servicemen would kill Vietnamese women and children??? War is HELL. It makes normal people kill in the name of our country. @@ This is nothing new. I don't approve of any of it but it seems all Presidents and the Generals think it can't be avoided. So----are you looking for a wholesale,complete trashing of Obama? Nothing doing,lady.
    Anonymous