When can I start my daughter on Stage 2 Gerber foods?

My daughter is 5 months and I just recently started giving her Gerber Stage 1. When can I start her on Stage 2?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 1:40 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she does good with stage 1 and has tried all the flavors with no reactions then you can go ahead and do stage 2s.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I think my daughter was 6 months when I gave her stage 2 foods. She was ready for them cause stage 1 wasn't filling her up... it all depends on you and if she is ready for them or not. I think on the bottle it says for ages 6 months and up, but I could be wrong. Its been about 1 1/2 yrs since then.
    armywifeandmom3

Answer by armywifeandmom3 at 1:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Have you ever tasted baby food? The baby food industry is run by people who think that they can do a better job of feeding your baby than you can - don't believe them. Go to your local library and pick up a copy of Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; www.superbabyfood.com
    Remember, solids the first year are just for the experience of eating; nutrition still comes mostly from breastmilk or formula.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I usually switched when the stage they were on just wasn't working anymore. Like if they were hungry sooner than they should be.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• The above mentioned book is good... we use it every day... but sometimes it is good/convenient to have cartons of Gerber/Earth's best around for outings or times we're in a hurry. But stage 2 is the exact same thing as stage 1 except MORE expensive for a SMALLER quantity. So I would switch now... you can use a half container one day, the other half the next day, and you'll be saving money.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:35 PM on May. 5, 2009