Can I buy baby food with Food Stamps?

We just got our food stamps and I wasnt sure if we could buy baby food for our 10 month old or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes you can.........
    and you can buy formula with it too. It took me a long time to realize the formula part. But they give you foodstamps for your baby, mostly, soooo, of course you can.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Thanks for the help!
    Anonymous

• i knew about baby food, but not the formula. thats awsome..saves a lot of money...that dang stuff is expensive. i dont use food stamps but think they are a wonderful thing when used properly (aka not on soda and candy). i really am a fan of wic.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:03 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I got WIC when my kids were infants and they were hearty eaters. I would buy the baby food and 2 double cans of formula right when my food stamps came in. Even though they didn't use the double cans right off the bat I alaways had formula on hand.
    greenmom4543

Answer by greenmom4543 at 4:13 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Seriously, have you ever tasted jarred baby food? It is nasty stuff. Stick with real food for your baby: avocado, cooked sweet potato, tofu cubes (If baby is past one), banana, cooked beans, etc. www.superbabyfood.com has great ideas; you should be able to find the book at your local library.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Yes you can.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:53 PM on May. 5, 2009