Ok, so the questions about being married made me curious about something....

Personally, I don't care whether you marry or not, because it's up to you as a couple. However, I'm still curious about something:

For those who don't feel the need to marry, or feel a marriage certificate is just a piece of paper- Where do you stand on gay marriage?

If you are for gay marriage, what are your feelings on your ability to marry, but not wanting to, while others want desperately to tie the knot and can't by law?

This question is not an attack, so don't get all hurt. I'm just curious, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

PLEASE DON'T DEBATE GAY MARRIAGE, HERE, EITHER. That is NOT what my question is about. Thanks for being considerate.

Mangy_Momma

Asked by Mangy_Momma at 1:51 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that EVERYONE should be allowed to marry, if they choose. I am not a religious person, but I do not see how the government can say who we can or can not marry.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 1:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I say if you want to marry the same sex than go for it.. who cares..

It is just paper, you MAKE a marrige NOT that paper...

HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:58 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I am not religious. I support gay marriage but "marriage" is something brought to life from the bible and since a gay couples relationship is a sin in the eyes of the bible, then they shouldnt be allowed to call it a "marriage", however they should still have the same legal rights as every one else. I also think that the option of being joined legally and not in "holy matrimony" should be available to straight couples who aren't religious.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 2:01 PM on May. 5, 2009

• find love and happiness wherever you can .Life is short.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:06 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I don't beleive in marriage. It is just a peice of paper to me. A legal contract. BUT, it isn't to everyone. And i understand that.

I'm not against marriage whatso ever. So, i beleive that if people want to get married, they should be allowed to get married. I'm a huge supporter in gay marriage. My personal view of marriage doesn't mean anything when it comes to basic civil rights. Marriage is a choice. An option which all people should be entitled to.

I understand that to a lot of people. It isn;t justa legal contract. To them its commiting yourself eternally to the other. Its showing your closest friend and family how happy and in love you are and that you intend to be together forever. No body should be left out of that kind of happiness if they want it.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 2:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You know you get certain benefits as a spouse and that's inportant to me. For the future of my children and to be able to take care of them if my man dies. But I also say if that were to happen, i would never remarry. Just hope that i could find someone special to spend my days. I'm a believer in if you're lucky enough to find the love of your life whether it's a man or woman, black or white, then you should be able to celebrate or document it just like everyone else.
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 2:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I think it's more then just a piece of paper. It's a legal binding contract between a man and a woman. Love and be with who you want. But I don't think two men or two women should have the same legal rights and perks as a husband and wife.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 5:28 PM on May. 5, 2009