if you knew/had a feeling your relationship was going no where , would you end it , or continue to be disappointed?

tha-hawt-mommie

Asked by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:53 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I guess I would try to work at it first and depending on what was happening and who I was hurting by staying, I would leave if things didn't start getting better.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 1:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Depends on whether I had kids with the person or not.. If no kids.. then no. why stay in a dead end relationship. Kids? Then I would work on it and if it still didn't work I would walk away knowing that I tried and gave it a shot for our family!
    Anonymous

• If you aren't married, then it is time for the person to make her own life without him. If you are married then you try very hard, get couples counseling, talk and find out how you can help save the marriage, and if all else fails, then consider a divorce.

Answer by Bmat at 2:03 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If you are married and have kids it is worth the extra effort. But if you just dating I say get out of it if you see it going nowhere. It was always my belief when I was single then unless the man had fireworks coming out of his head I would rather be single. After a certain age do not mess around if you do not think the relationship has hope for a future together.
    makeitbloom

Answer by makeitbloom at 2:03 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Life is short. Never settle and certainly don't stay somewhere that is negative to your spirit

Answer by admckenzie at 2:07 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If I was being dissapointed all the time I think I would leave, but not if it was a good relationship that just wasn't going to end it marriage. Not every one you date has to be a potential husband. It's ok to just have fun.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I made that mistake once....a 23 year marriage! I HOPE I wouldn't do it again.....I really hope so!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 5:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Ask yourself this question: Are you a better person when you are with your SO. If the answer is yes, then the relationship is worth the effort. If the answer is no (i.e. you're grouchy all the time or depressed) then you should let it go. I personally have always lived by this motto, When all is said and done, the only person you can never get away from is yourself. So make sure all your decisions are ones you can live with.
    Anonymous

• Since you're on cafemom, I'm assuming kids are involved. So, I would say stick it out and work on your marriage as long as abuse isn't involved. Buy books to help you.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I think all relationships have their rough patches, if I thought there was a hope to turn things around and make us both happy then I would try that first, however if I knew for sure we were both miserable, and there was no changing that then I would talk and work things out to mutually end it on as positive grounds as can be possible.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 7:33 PM on May. 5, 2009