Has any one else been so down on their luck?

Some times it seems like I am the only one. My family barely makes the money to cover our bills. I wash laundry by hand in our bath tub, I sometimes have to use shampoo to wash my dishes. I am expecting alittle money to come in this month and am gonna buy a washer and dryer, it just is so hard for my family right now and I was wondering if anyone out there has ever been through the same thing.

lilmamaof209

Asked by lilmamaof209 at 2:02 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• You need to look at freecycle.org . There is probably a chapter in your area, you can get all kinds of stuff for free, like washers and dryers, etc
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 2:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• What is your status as far as working goes? I understand it's hard and no you are not the only one with this situation, I am sure. Maybe you need to sit down and evaluate your current income to your income potential. Is there a way for you to make some extra money on the side? Or maybe change jobs? In Missouri, we have something called, First Call For Help. They help you find the resources you need, but they are considered the starting point. Lots of luck to you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:29 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You're washing laundry in the bathtub and dishes with shampoo, yet you're paying for internet? Maybe you should look at some of the extraneous things in your life. You can go without cable, I did it for years, just watched movies every once in a while. You can get rid of your landline, cable, internet package and probably save $100 a month. Downsize your cell plan. Don't renew magazine subscriptions. These things all add up to a lot!
    More than enough to get the laundry and dishes done properly
    Anonymous

• LUCK has nothing to do with it---you don't need to be lucky to get a job and do what you're suppose to do--it takes smarts, education and ambition...don't sit home and whine, get educated and find a worthwhile job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 6, 2009

• No you're not the only one who's been in tight places. Besides you've proven you can find a legit solution to your problems. Most of us try to do the best with whatever we've got at the time. I suspect that once you get the washer and dryer, (or even just a washer) things will start looking up. If you take life challenges in small bites and make progress over time that's a real encouragement. Consider your options. As another mom mentioned are there any money leaks? Cutting things may not be permenant, but for now are means to reach your goals. Variable expenses like food and clothes can be notched down quite a bit. Can you make do, get a bit more life out of what you have? Can you bring in more cash? You know your situation better than we do. There are tons of options, pick what's feasible and plug away.
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 10:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I work from home with a great company that has been around for 24 years and with the better business bureau. What is so great about what I do is that there’s no large investment, no stocking/delivery of products like Mary Kay, Avon, etc., and there is no selling! I simply help others save money, live green and earn an extra income. While this isn't a "get rich quick" type thing, the money can be great if you are motivated and dedicated to making your own business work! I'd love to share it with you! Just request more info. at my site www.familiesrok.com and I can share everything with you over a 30 minute phone appointment. I know times are tough, but it's up to you to change the things you can. Good luck and God bless you and your family.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 1:48 AM on May. 7, 2009