not hungry at all?

i am 6 weeks along and EVERYTHING makes me sick, just looking at some foods is enough. i havent thrown up i just get nauseaus and completley lose my appetite. my first pregnancy i had no problem with this but i am worried because i dont know if i can make myself eat enough for the baby to be healthy, the last couple days besides yesterday i only managed to eat like a bowl of cereal and a little bit of fruit and i can barely drink water cuz i dont like the full feeling it gives me. this happen to anyone else?

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 2:09 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes, I don't find anything that I can to eat really. However I do make myself eat something. I'm 28 weeks not 6. See if you can eat jello or popsicles just to get the fluid.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:15 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Believe it or not this happens all the time. In fact some women lose wieght in the first three months. Is your first child a boy? Myths say that women tend to have worse morning sickness if they are having a girl and according to my friends it seems pretty true. Are you able to get your vitamins down? that is really important. There are some ways to help u. Dont eat anything greesy and some medicines are approved in the begining u should speak with your doctor about these. Hope you feel better
    bridget522

Answer by bridget522 at 2:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• With my first I didn't have morning sickness either, but I did get a bad stomach flue at about 6 weeks along. I didn't eat anything for several days, and then I found one thing I could keep down 99¢ Tostido brand pizzas from Save-A-Lot, I lived on those for the next few days until I felt I could stomach other things.

What i would do is try the same bland diets they doctors recommend when we are sick. Chicken Broth, Jello, plain tea, unsweetened applesauce....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i was sick sick sick, and still am, and i am 19 weeks now. I could not eat/keep down ANYTHING. i know everyone has little "tips and tricks" but NONE of them worked for me and i promise ive tried everything in the book!!!! I couldnt even take my prenatals b/c i would just throw them up. I can finally eat now, but still not like i could before i was pregnant!! I ened up losing 12 pounsd, and ive gained only 2 pounds the entire pregnancy...but dr, said it was fine, jsut told me to gain more weight b4 my next appointment...ha
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 2:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I was really sick through my last pregnancy as well I took reglan and ginger ale helped aswell as ginger gum and the sea band braclets
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 9:17 PM on May. 5, 2009