Teacher's Gift from Class

Well, it's that time of year when we are nearing the end of yet another school year and want to leave our Teachers with a special gift they'll always remember!

I would LOVE to gain some input from parents and/or teachers in regard to the most appreciated gifts that Teachers receive at year-end. Ideally, I'd love ideas for a customized/personalized gift that can be given from the whole class. I've seen some cute personalized plates, mugs, cookie jars and more, but want to ensure it is something that the Teacher would really want. It would be nice to give something that has a unique touch from each child (to remember them by) and yet still be a very practical gift.

What are some of the BEST Teacher Gifts you've ever seen, given or received (if a Teacher)?

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas. Blessings!

P.S. Ideas for small gifts for support staff/teachers would be great too.

hope777believe

Asked by hope777believe at 2:11 PM on May. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Our class had each student draw a small self portrait which was then traced onto a charger plate and painted on by the paining pub artist and fired in the kiln. It turned out beautifully. Another time, each kid put their hand print on a tile and then the tiles were placed around a mirror but that wasn't as great an idea because what, really, do you do with it? A teacher really wants a card signed by the kids with a gift certificate in it!
    Anonymous

• One year my daughters daycare, made us very cute cards, with help of course, and one long stemed, pink rose, attached to the rose was a Mommy poem, for every mother, it was the sweetest thing.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 3:33 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Teachers get so many "things" and really hate them. What they treasure are thank you notes from students. Most schools are underfunded and teachers wind up spending a lot of their own money on supplies, so they appreciate gift certificates to office supply and teacher supply stores.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my SIL is a teacher she said the best gift she ever got was a regular tote bag that all her students signed and wrote a thank you note to her on. she can actually use it to carry stuff to and from school and the kids all had an input and got to say what they wanted. they also included a gift certificate in the tote for office max for her to use the next school year. you can get cheaper tote bags that will last at art stores and get the paint there too
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:30 PM on May. 5, 2009

• There is a web site ( I think it's originalworks.com) they have cute class projects that can be made into anything.
    Skyler11978

Answer by Skyler11978 at 8:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I would say everyone should put in 5 or 10 for a gift card to a teacher supply store. If you have 20 kids that's $100-$200 that teacher would have for supplies! I'm sure it'd be greatly appreciated!

(Not a teacher!)
    Anonymous

• The best gifts I have gotten or given were gift certificates to the parent/teacher store, a gift certificate for a therapeutic massage or manicure/pedicure, gift card to a nice restaurant, etc.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 6:17 AM on May. 6, 2009