Can I use regular dishwashing liquid in my dishwashing machine?

What would happen I am out of the powder dishwashing soap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Then if you used dish soap then you will have a flood of bubbles.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You would have a HUGE mess. Your dishwasher will overspill with soap. How about hand washing your dishes? Or if you cant do that.....add a cup of vinager and run the washer in hot water.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:16 PM on May. 5, 2009

• NO, my dh used dish soap in his mothers dishwasher when he was like 9 or 10 and he flooded the whole kitchen and diningroom with bubbles....the floor never sparkled that much again but it was a pain in the butt for him to clean up he said. lol
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 2:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• No No No No No No No!!!!! It will fill your kitchen with bubbles!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• JUst wash by hand and dont put soap in the water. Its ok to turn it on without soap. make sure its on hot :) Dont put dish soap in it lol..It will make the bubbles come out and can harm your dishwasher.

ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Your house would flood with BUBBLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....not fun!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:18 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You can't use dish soap in your dishwasher. You will have a big mess on your hands. I would suggest hand washing your dishes until you can go buy dishwasher detergant.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 2:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• OMGosh NO!  LOL!  You'll end up with suds all over your floor! You can only use soap that made for dishwashers

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• No, don't do it. It is suggested that you run a load without detergent occasionally anyway, so try that. Or wash the dishes by hand until you get the right kind of detergent.

Answer by Bmat at 2:23 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Ive done this before YES YOU CAN but use only about the size of a Dime or Nickel drop cause if you do use to much you*ll have a Mess. I only do this as a last resort untill i can run to the store the next day. I have put to much before and had a mess..but if you use a Tiny tiny bit it will work
    Missal5

Answer by Missal5 at 2:30 PM on May. 5, 2009