Does any one know how to look for work from home?

I don't have anyone to leave my son with, and I ran out of unemployment. I need to make some money from home. How can I begin my search? I was looking on Monsters and Career Builder but there is nothing there. Please Help!!!!!

js3mommy

Asked by js3mommy at 2:44 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have some great ideas in my Journal here at Cafemom.  You can check them out here:

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1396278/Work_at_Home_Article_Series_on_eHow

Be sure to read the newest ones, How to Work at Home and How to Find Unique Online Jobs.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:21 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have a professional buisiness from home that is fun and rewarding and is lucrative and is great for mothers .There is no selling or large investment required.Check this website out if this is something that you would like to try contact me and I will help you get started and I will pay for your position.Good luck.

http://www.6k4you.com/jadahome2005

Amanda
    Mandy1974

Answer by Mandy1974 at 3:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I sent you a pm....Thanks!
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 3:30 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

The most common work at home JOBS pertain to customer service, administration, sales, tutoring, writing, consulting, healthcare, marketing, and technical support. There are also many legitimate home BUSINESS opportunities in direct sales, affiliate programs, and network/referral marketing.

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams. I also have several resources for finding legitimate work from home opportunities in my "Working Mom Entrepreneurs" group here on Cafemom.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you can work for remotely? Do you have a skill or experience you can turn into a home business? I have a friend who makes hair accessories in her basement and sells them to upscale children's boutiques. I work out of my home doing freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help Cafemoms with resumes, coverletters and job search strategies.
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• www.womenforhire.com
    www.freedomathometeam.com/soar
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 5:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 1:38 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I actually started my own work from home business. I only work maybe 15 hours a week and the hours I choose to work, are scheduled around my kids. I have 4 aged 6 and under so my days are full. That's why I found this great "green" wellness company that I partnered up with, they helped me get started. I got started for less than $30 and it's nice to have my check come in every month. Now I don't make millions but I am contributing so that my husband isn't doing it all. If you are interested, check out my website www.familiesrok.com. If you have 30 minutes to spare, morning, afternoon or evening, we can discuss the details.
    tneeley

Answer by tneeley at 1:43 AM on May. 7, 2009