When should I start to worry?

I have been swelling for a few wks now. 34 wks, will be 35 on Thursday. Today my swelling in my ankles,feet, and calfs are pretty bad. I haven't seen them this bad yet. This is the only part of me that is swelling. Face, hands, fingers are not swollen at all. Should I be worried about preclampsia? Should I see if I can get into the dr. or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it sounds like your standing too much .. i dont know about preclamsia .. maybe you should lay down more often ... but im not sure call your doctor..
    Anonymous

• OP here.... I am also having BH contractions about every 10 mins.
    Anonymous

• Yes absolutely. They'll need to do a simple urine test as well as take your blood pressure to make sure you're not preeclamptic. It is important for your doctor to know in order to take special precautions to make sure that it's ONLY swelling and not preeclampsia.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 3:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I would check with your Dr. It could be your standing to much or not drinking enough water but it also could be pre-eclampsia. Take it from someone who's had it twice, it's not something to take lightly. Also BH are not regular. Check and see if they go away when you lay down.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:30 PM on May. 5, 2009