how to know

how would i know if my min pin was preggo/

i was told she was fixed and found out she wasnt not to long ago and she has gotten off the chain and out of a fenced in yard twice in the past 2 weeks , now she is not eating really and her boobs are defined and are swelling.

If so how long do i have before she has them?

dita

Asked by dita at 3:06 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pets

• 9 wks.
    Anonymous

• put your hand on her tummy and see if you feel a pup moving thats how i knew for sure my dog was preggo. if she looks as though she has well defined breasts she very well may be and if her breasts are really forming it could be fairly soon. gestation for dogs is 9 weeks but she may be farther along than 1 or 2 weeks if her breasts are forming. If you know when she had her period you can google doggy due date and put that info in and it can give you a gestimate on when she will deliver. PM me if you need anything else!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 5:22 PM on May. 5, 2009

• 63 days, but it could be a pseudopregnancy, yes it does happen in the animal world. my dachsund would go through this once a year growing breasts and gaining weight and was spayed.
    Anonymous

• i dont know when he period was i think it was a bout a month ago or so.
    she licks all the time down there so its not unusual for her to do that.
    her tummy is not really growing but her breast are, before they were always flat and shes always been fat.
    Now they are defined and and feel swelled or like there filling, they even hang down a little.
    I know she got off the chain a week ago and i dont know how long she was gone cause i let her out side for a little while so she get all her buisness done and not do it on my floor.
    She has cloudyness in her one eye so i think she is an older dog between 5 and 7 yrs (human) , will this cause problems if she is preggo?
    My mom bred cockers but i dont really remember much bout it.
    dita

Answer by dita at 8:04 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I would have her seen by the vet.
    Anonymous

• if you want to kow for sure, take her in and they can ultrasound her. Other wise just wait it out. They will start getting a little round tummey and their nipples will start to drop the farther she is along. I have two liters right now, pups are adorable but a lot of work until they are sold.
    CountryMom357

Answer by CountryMom357 at 3:37 PM on May. 8, 2009

• well this is an update!!!

She is now having what looks like milky "stuff"coming from her nipples, not all of them but the back ones.
    Is this a for sure sign then?
    She is also eating grass like it is the best thing on earth.
    Her tummy doesnt appear to be getting bigger though really.
    i really am glad someone knows something about this
    What ta do What ta do??????

thanks for all of your help guys!
    dita

Answer by dita at 1:41 PM on May. 11, 2009