work at home craft job?

Awhile ago I was looking at the questions about working at home. Someone had a website that they put together of things that they had tried or friends had tried. Anyway, it listed two companies that you could make crafts for. You purchase their kit and they pay you for each approved item. Anyway, does anyone know websites for this companies or perhaps the original website that I saw?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Money & Work

• Sometimes if you look in the paper or parenting magazine they have the websites for doing crafts from home.
    Mandy1974

Answer by Mandy1974 at 3:30 PM on May. 5, 2009

• PLEASE be VERY careful with these....probably 99% of home craft assemply jobs are scams! What will happen is you will pay for the kit, assemble the products perfectly, pay for shipping to send them back and then the company will tell you that you did not assemble them correctly and they won't pay you. You will end up wasting a whole bunch of time and be out the money for the kit and the shipping. My advice would be to NOT do this!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 3:38 PM on May. 5, 2009

• There is a Craft Companies folder on the WAHM.com forum where you may be able to get further advice/company suggestions. As already mentioned here, do your due diligence and research, research, research before getting involved with any opportunity (craft or non-craft related).
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:24 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I know about artfire.com and etsy.com as good outlets to sell your crafts.

I've been making some extra money selling my art prints on them.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:13 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree most of these if not all of them are designed as a scam. No matter how perfectly you assemble them they'll find a reason not to pay you. You're out the money of the kit and the shipping and your kit. The company keeps a product that they end up selling anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 7, 2009