I was turned down for two jobs when I was pregnent...

Let me add that one of the companies, JC Penny, I had already worked for in another state as a seasonal employee.. Doing the same job.

I was told I should really turn them in for this, but I don’t know how.

I just don’t understand why or how they could turn down a woman when she really needs the job for her growing family.

Does anyone know where I can go to turn them in?

Tammy

mamarocstar

Asked by mamarocstar at 3:15 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They can list it as numerous reasons. They can say they had more qualified applicants, better interviews, better references, etc. You would not be able to prove it. You can try to, I think the the Dept of Labor but I doubt it will go anywhere and if you ever need to go back there for a job they really wouldn't consider you then
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:17 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Sucks doesn't it!! You're going to have to be able to prove for sure that is the reason they turned you down. GL though I hope everything turns out for you!
    Anonymous

• unfortunately pp is right..there is no way to prove it...i was fired from block buster when i was about 5 months pregnant and i had severe morning sickness, i even had to get iv put in me. but i told unemployment and blockbuster fought it and said that i was a lazy worker and that i was horrible with customers which i am a very big people person...i cried soo hard when i found out what they said. I was even hyperventallating... I even had a doctors note that i was supposed to have a minni break every 5 mins. because of the problems with my pregnancy but nothing helped
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 3:40 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Well I have my child now..
    When i was pregnent my husband was weighter..

He got a job as a tech. director at a performing arts center..

So now we make enough so that I don't need the job.

But I still don't think it's right..

I read some blogs that had companies saying they won't hire a pregnent woman.

I really think it's total bull...... and i wish they could make the laws a little harder for the companies to get around.
    mamarocstar

Answer by mamarocstar at 4:27 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I think its unfair that employers wont hire pregnant women. I want to work but i know it would be a waste of time to even go for interviews. The employer may feel like pregnant women are a risk.
    woodsbrunch7

Answer by woodsbrunch7 at 8:30 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I got hired when i was pregnant. And i'm still working that same job, and i'm pregnant again. Just gotta find the right place =D
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 10:43 AM on May. 6, 2009