Has anyone ended up pregnant on Mirena or an IUD? How did you know?

I've been on my Mirena for a little over a year and have absolutely no problems with it. My periods have stopped months ago (but still PMSing). The first time I was pregnant, literally the only way I knew I was, was my period stopped and my breast were tender. I didn't get any other symptoms till later. Lately I've been feeling so exhausted for NO reason, my breast are achy (haven't BF since august 08), I feel sick after I eat, and a few other things. I just feel how I did when I was pregnant the first time. I know it's not impossible to get pregnant on IUD's. I should be having my PMS symptoms sometime soon but I haven't had any cramps minus some from being constipated a bit. SO hasn't given me any money this week so I can't go get a test, and I don't want to tell him till I know to save him some stress just in case.

If you got pregnant on an IUD how did you know? Did you just have that feeling or what?

nerdyma7

Asked by nerdyma7 at 3:15 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ino this doesnt really answer the ?, but my perios jsut all of the sudden stopped with my iud. it is normal for it to quit. i dont know about the other symptoms tho. sorry i couldnt be more help. if you can scrounge up $2, the dollar store preg tests work really well too.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I know that the periods are suppose to stop, just FYI in case. It was the thing I was looking forward to the most with the Mirena. hehe
    nerdyma7

Answer by nerdyma7 at 3:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• go to a pregnancy place where they do free testing. I know here in Ohio there is a preg. decisions health place that does them.
    Anonymous