What do you think of Pilates?

Just wondering if any moms out there have good experiences with doing pilates. I'm just trying to find something to do that will make my butt less jiggly. I'm not overweight and I go running everyday, but it's not enough...
If you do pilates...do you recommend any dvd's? I don't think I can afford a studio.

moniquinha

Asked by moniquinha at 3:19 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• LOVE Pilates!!!!!!! I would recommend Winsor Pilates, I picked them up at Target. It was such a tough workout but before long I was able to keep up and get through the whole thing. I feel taller, leaner and stronger. I would also recommend walking lunges if you want to give your butt an extra workout.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:38 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I use Turbo Jam and I absolutely love it! It combines everything, dance, kick boxing, tybo, and pilates. My aunt runs almost 8 miles a day and this workout kicked her butt and she had to buy it too. You can get it at beachbody.com
    BrittanyE

Answer by BrittanyE at 8:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I love Pilates. Unfortunately, my gym has stopped teaching the class. They do offer PiYo, a combination of Pilates and Yoga. With Pilates, your core muscles really get a great workout. Thanks for the others for video recommendations. I may have to look for these and continue to workout at home doing Pilates.
    livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 11:07 AM on May. 6, 2009

• I like Pilates but I really think it needs to be alternated with cardio to see results.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 12:22 AM on May. 8, 2009