someone please help.

this is my second pregnancy [just found out] and i dont know whats going on!! its so different from when i was pregnant with my daughter, plus im losing SO much hair! can someone please tell me what im doing wrong or something i can do to stop the hair loss???

rkg1987

Asked by rkg1987 at 3:20 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Make sure your taking pre-natal vitamins.
    flowerchid72

Answer by flowerchid72 at 3:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• The hair loss could be stress, or thryoid. Last year I had a lot going on (shcool work planning a wedding) then my cat died and for a day and a half my hair fell out like crazy. But i would Def. ask your doc. Get your thyroid checked!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i lost a lot of my hair during my second pregnancy as well but you really can't tell because i have such thick hair. it will slow down a little once you give birth. my second child is 18 months old now and i am still losing my hair. the only thing that helps me is to cut it shorter. my hair was halfway down my back and now it is inbetween my shoulder blades. Also not every pregnancy is the same. they are all different. maybe this means you are having a boy. what you don't go through with one you will go through with the other. that is for pregnancy AND for your child. (just a bit of advice)
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• im taking the vitamins, and it didnt really start till after i did, i have been trying to eat more protein, but i dont really like meat. and i was thinking about cutting my hair shorter, its halfway down my back...idk what to do, i got out of the shower today and it just seems like it wont stop falling out :[ but thank you all for all your help...and i really hope its not my thyroid.
    rkg1987

Answer by rkg1987 at 3:32 PM on May. 5, 2009