Leaking amniotic fluid?

how do you know if you are leaking fluid? (not water breakage)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you are leaking amniotic fluid your water has broke... you will be leaking clear fluid with no smell and you should really go to the er. if your leaking amniotic fluid then you are going to be in labor soon. if you are 36 weeks or less then this could be dangerous. how far along are you?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:40 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Go to L&D and get it checked out. I thought I was once because there was clear runny fluid in my panty liner (sorry, tmi) and I'd have to change it a few times a day. I had an appointment the next day and talked to my OB, he checked it and it was only discharge. I was around 30 weeks.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 3:43 PM on May. 5, 2009

• call your doctor and go to the hospital. You do not want to risk an infection or even worse a cord prolapse.
    coolmom1

Answer by coolmom1 at 4:00 PM on May. 5, 2009

• This happened to me 2 nights before my daughter was born. I went to the hospital and they checked to see what it was. It was amniotic fluid and they admitted me that day. You run the risk of getting an infection (baby too) if you have a tear and are leaking fluid. Call your doc or go to the hospital for treatment.
    Steffers985

Answer by Steffers985 at 5:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• At the end of my pregnancy my fluid was low doctors keeped a close eye on me for about a week my daughter ended up coming six days early.
    MizfitMommy

Answer by MizfitMommy at 11:17 PM on May. 5, 2009