I am a pretty young mom and I love my son. I just finished nursing school and I feel pretty proud of myself; however I feel so bad about the stretch marks that I have in my stomach. I was just wondering if any moms out there that have gotten tummy tucks. I would like to see if anyone has gotten a tatto to cover up the surgical scar.

coolmom1

Asked by coolmom1 at 3:41 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have considered getting a tummy tuck, but something my doc told me when I mentioned it was to make sure you don't want to have anymore kids. If you are pretty young, even saying you don't want more kids now, you never know if you'll change your mind in the future. I did. My children are 6 years apart. I'd wait and give it some thought.

Anonymous

• I had the same question as anon about future children. It might be best to not cut off your options of having another child if you want one in the future.

Answer by Bmat at 3:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i am considering it, but it does cost 10,000 to get a tummy tuck.. I already finish having the children i wanted. i have three.. Right now i am doing excerise and dieting, until i can afford to pay for the tummy tuck, which could be another two yrs or so.. or until i have the money saved or i can get a loan to pay for it..
    Anonymous

• I'm getting one! If you have good credit you can make payments just like a car and you won't regret feeling good about yourself!
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:26 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I had my tummy tuck and boobs done July of 08. Im only 20 years old. You do want to make sure you are done having kiddos though. You have a long scar from hip-to-hip. Have to stay hunched over for 2 weeks.. cannot stand up straight due to stitches.. and definitly cannot lift for at least 6 weeks. .you will swell up for a very long time. Tummy Tuck is known to be one of the biggest operations therefore it take longest to heal. I still expierience some numbness and tiny bit of swlling. But overall it was totally worth it and I would do it again!
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 6:26 AM on May. 8, 2009