Another question for unbelievers of God/Jesus...

Do you believe what is written in history books?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Uh - oh . . .
    I see where this one is going . . .

*backing away slowly*
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Those that are based on physical evidence, written during the event, or are written using information that came from people during that time. Basically if it is a credible source.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• jenni don't be scared!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:52 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Do you believe what is written in history books?

You mean the ones that use multiple verifiable primary sources, cite everything and can be cross referenced against the history books of other cultures to confirm that no matter what slant is given, the events actually occurred? Yep, I sure do believe those.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:53 PM on May. 5, 2009

• WOW! notpanicking that is what I meant to say.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:54 PM on May. 5, 2009

What she said!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I'm not an unbeliever, more in the process of questioning things. I don't believe the Creation story in the Bible, I believe in Science.

When it comes to History though - unless you search out and research a variety of source information from many perspectives, you are going to always have a biased viewpoint. History was written by the winners and will always have a slanted view. I know that I was in College before I was taught any of the more unpopular, less savory aspects of US History. And, once you go back more than 1,000 years or so your receiving biased information as well. The average person did not read and write well and many of the older accounts were kept by religious or political leaders (this is mainly Western History I'm talking about) and, of course, would be biased in favor of the leaders of the day.
    dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 3:55 PM on May. 5, 2009

• For the record:

I am a Christian. I believe the bible we read today is flawed.
    I am also a History major. I believe that many history books we read today are also flawed.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• http://www.av1611.org/kjv/knowkjv.html

read this then!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 4:01 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Sorry not interested in biased religious websites, only reputable scientific ones.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:03 PM on May. 5, 2009