baby food?

does any one have any suggestions on home made baby food... i heard it is healthier than jar baby food.. probly tastes better too

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 3:48 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• it is healthier and does taste better. just depends on you, do you have time to make homemade baby food? if you do then go for it.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 3:52 PM on May. 5, 2009

• theres a great homemade babyfood group on here! I made my son babyfood. you can simply mash up a ripe banana, kiwi or avacado and serve (mixed with BM/water/F for beginners). you can steam sweet potatoes, puree and serve! these are all great beginner foods. I recommend the book: Super Babyfood
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• well seems like it would be cheaper for sure. Im hoping i still have time to do things like that when dd is old enough for food. I will be back at work (hopefully) before that happens so we will see.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 4:35 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I second the recommendation for Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron; it is a great book on feeding babies and toddlers; more information at www.superbabyfood.com. Yuu should be able to find it at your local library. Remember, solids given before baby turns one are for the experience of eating, not so much for nutrition. Avocado is a great first solid, loaded with good fats for babies growing brains. Baked and mashed sweet potato is a nuttional powerhouse, as are coooked and mashed beans and lentils. Kiwi has more potassium than banana and more vitamin C than orange juice. Be sure to avoid the allergy triggers the first year, this is not a complete list, but includes wheat, soy, dairy, citrus strawberries.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i puree all her food and honestly it takes 5 minutes maybe 10 its really fast and easy!
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 7:00 PM on May. 5, 2009