Do you have an schedule for your toddlers? If so, can you describe it please

I am babysitting 2 toddlers, one is 2 and the other one is 4. I started noticing they get bored at times, I make cratfs and stuff with them but specially on rainy days, I am running out of ideas. Help please!

Jennytox

Asked by Jennytox at 3:53 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My boys are 2 and 4. My husband and I thrive on schedules so it's no wonder why our kids do too. Here's an idea of our days: Up at 7am, breakfast, showers, brush teeth, get dressed. Older son goes to preschool (5 days/wk). Little boy and I do various things like library, park, shopping, coloring, etc. Lunch at 10:45, nap by 11:15 until 1:30. Older boy gets home around Noon he eats lunch and then we do something fun like coloring, reading, practicing writing. I do allow minimal TV in the afternoon. We try and go to the park at least 3 or 4 times a week. We live in an apartment so there's not much room to do things indoors. Dinner is 5/5:30, bath, stories, brush teeth, prayers and bed at 7pm.
    We get bored...a lot. That's where Disney movies come in sometimes, esp when I have to clean or cook. We're about to move into a house so I can let them go play outside more often.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:02 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I have checked out books at the library that have given me cool ideas of things to do with the kids. One was a kid's cook book and my 4 yo and I did a lot of cooking from it. He really enjoyed that. I have gotten craft books, science books that had little kid friendly experiments. Do you have a back yard? Maybe get a sandbox? Or just one of those cheapo pools and fill it with water this summer. Go on a bug hunt outdoors or a treasure hunt indoors. Some days I just am not up for "entertaining" my kids and I just pop in a Disney movie. Today is one of those days. We're been stuck inside for almost 2 weeks now do to rain.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:06 PM on May. 5, 2009

• 7-8 breakfast and get dressed.

8-9 free play
    9 snack
    9:15-11:15 activities (circle time with books, art project, walk, make your garage a special place to play)
    11:15 prepare lunch, free play
    11:30 lunch
    12: nap
    1:30 snack
    1:45 free play
    2:00 Start with a circle time and songs. Move to play in bedrooms for change of scenery
    3:00 small snack.

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/spring-rainy-day-activities-ms/
    Play in the bathtub!
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:07 PM on May. 6, 2009