How can you clear up a 2 month olds skin?

JrsMa317

Asked by JrsMa317 at 3:55 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 8 week old baby always has some kind of rash/acne on her face. It comes and goes but I have not put anything on it. All the literature says not to put anything on their face other than maybe a cold compress to ease any itching.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It will go away on it's own. As unpretty as it looks thats the best thing to do. Leave it alone
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Our doctor said to use ivory soap. Just a little on a washcloth rub it on the acne and then rinse off. It worked great with each baby. Make sure not to get it in their eyes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my daughter developed a laundry soap rash and Aveeno cleared it right up. we didnt even have to change soap after using it. im not sure if thats whatyour dealing with but its well worth the 5 bucks i paid for it
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 4:32 PM on May. 5, 2009

• It's baby acne....and you don't need to put anything on it...ESPECIALLY soap...Adults shouldn't even use soap on their face, it's very drying. anyway, just keep it clean and dry and it will go away within a few weeks.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 4:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My sisters sister in law advised her to boil peach tree leaves and then let the water cool and wipe it over babies face with a towel. It cleared up and never came back, though I am not sure I would try it personally.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 6:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• Only time clears it up. In the meantime, wipe your baby's face twice a day with lukewarm water. Wipe and dry mouth and chin after feedings. I feel your pain, my son had infant acne until he was four months old and from that point and on it cleared up quick. It is -your- hormones that your baby was exposed to, in-utero, that is causing the acne. Nothing rids of it but time. Sorry. Few people use anti-acne products to improve the appearance before professional photo sessions, etc... such as clerasil, but I wouldn't. It only temporarily relieves the syptoms, and should not be used more than few times... if at all.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:40 PM on May. 5, 2009