HELP! The bugs are eating my baby!

Every time I take my 9 month old outside she gets bitten by insects!
Can I use bug repellant on her?
What else could I use?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get the family repellent from off. it works good and i put it on my daughters legs and arms. bare legs or not. it is safe for their skin. also you can use baby oil or skin so soft. maybe you could put lime down in your yard.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• You can use "Skin So Soft" by Avon.
    It keeps the bugs off.
    Last year we went camping and our LO was six months, the doctor said we could/should use a spray repellent with deet as long as we made sure to not get it on his hands or face.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:00 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I've heard that Avon does work well. Also when we go out I stuff bounce sheets in our pockets. It works? Don't know how?
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 4:02 PM on May. 5, 2009

• this may be impractical but what about a playpen with a mosquito net or like a dining tent with netting around it. Its alot to haul around but if your just going into te backyard or wahtever.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 4:29 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I used/still use the Cutter Advance spray. It is in a blue bottle orange pump. It contains no DEET. It uses Picaridin. Just keep it off hands. To apply to face spray it on your hand then apply. It is non oily, non sticky and......drumrooool.... for all us with allergies....FRAGRANCE FREE!!!! LOL. It works exceptionally well. Dermatology recommended it for my grandson and I.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:49 PM on May. 5, 2009

• unscented dryer sheets...they are the safest and work the best...no bugscreen is supposed to used on children under 6 months atleast btw so I wouldn't use it even for a 9 month old...try dryer sheets
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:57 PM on May. 5, 2009

• If you are breastfeeding try a garlic pill. Those bugs hate garlic.

Anonymous