When should we have "our first" baby??

I am just married as of May 3rd 2009. My step son is 5 and me and my husband want more children were just thinking of when would be the best time to start. Were in the process of buying a bigger house (for the room for a larger family) and my SS will be in kindergarten sarting in september, right now i am a stay at home mom. Our original plan was to wait till SS was in school but i love to work and was thinking maybe i should take a yr. while ss is in school to work part time. but my family is my number one priority and i am wondering is 7 + yrs is too far apart for having another child and i want them to grow up together as a whole family. What would you do??

Ashleycash

Asked by Ashleycash at 4:00 PM on May. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Right now I'm 28 weeks pregnant and my son just turned 5 in March. (we did have 2 children that died in between) but this seems to be working out for our family. He understands and talks tto his brother and hugs and kisses him in my belly. Baby is due end of July and Carlos starts full day kindergaten Sept 1. He is very excited b/c we make it all about him being the big brother and helping pick out clothes and we asked him what he thought about the name instead of just telling him. He loves going to the ultrasounds.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 5:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My anniversary is May 3, 2003 :0) Congratulations!!! I would start right away because sometime it takes time. You other child will be in school in 4 months. Is it all day kinder?? I would also get a job because when the kids are in school all day you get sooooo bored, and can feel isolated and trapped in the house all day. Even a part time job you can get out and make friends and have a chance to tak to other moms. Good Luck and anything you chose will be what's right for your family.
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 4:44 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i actually think him being 5 is the perfect age...he can help you out....if you want to work, you should look into working from home. im going to school for medical transcription and when im done i will be able to work at home...any more info u need feel free to pm me :)
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 4:46 PM on May. 5, 2009

• His kindergarten is two full days a week.
    Ashleycash

Answer by Ashleycash at 4:59 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My oldest stepbaby was 5 when we had our son and my younger stepbaby was 3. I'd've loved to have stairstepped them (4, 2, 0) but that's not how it worked out. I think 5-6 is perfect, frankly. 6 years old is when little kids go into "mommy mode" where they want to help you take care of things. They're learning empathy, so they understand when you say "don't hurt the baby" that he has to be gentle. They're capable of having the big brother pride, which is awesome.

That's my 2cents.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:32 PM on May. 5, 2009