Measuring Big

The Dr. tells me Im measuring a little big but not enough to be concerned. Has anyone had their Dr. tell them that before? And if so did you have a big baby?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 4:03 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Health

• I measure big with my ds. I had to be induced because of pre-eclampsia. They wanted to see how big he was so they did an ultrasound to measure him. He measured about 8 lbs. He was born two days later 6lbs 13 oz. I guess I was retaining a whole lot of water.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i was measured big for both of my pregnancies and my first was a boy weighing in at 8lbs 9oz and 22inches long
    my daughter was 8lbs 3oz and 21 inches long. there is really nothing you can do about it except watch your diet. try not to consume a lot of salty or sugary foods. that adds on the weight to the baby. and labor wasnt so bad. i did have epidurals with both which i strongly recommend. i tried all natural with my son but i quickly (within 6 hours of labor) changed my mind. I could not handle it.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:05 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I measured big with both of mine. One was 8lb 9oz and one was 10lb 4oz. I was healthy as a horse and my kids are too.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 4:08 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I was measuring 5 weeks big. So I had to have an ultrasound and it showed her at 6 lbs 13 oz They thought she was going to be 10 lbs. lol. She was born weighing 7 lbs 4 oz
    tgentosi

Answer by tgentosi at 6:08 PM on May. 5, 2009