what do you guys do?

what do you do when you're alone with your child and you have to shower? do you bring them in the bathroom with you or leave them by themselves while you shower?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 4:07 PM on May. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is your child? When my boys were babies I'd put them in their bouncy seat on the bathroom floor. Or I'd shower when they'd nap. They are 2 and 4 now. Usually I wait until my 2 yo goes down for his nap and put a movie on for my 4 yo. Never have had problems. My home is baby/kid proofed so I don't worry about anything.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:10 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my son is one. I actually took a shower today while he was in the bedroom with me and he spent the whole time in the bathroom hitting the shower curtain and laughed at me playing peekaboo! but I usually take them when he naps. when he wasnt quite mobile yet I'd put him in the bouncer and take him in the bathroom with me, or just outside the door so he didnt feel so caved in.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:11 PM on May. 5, 2009

• my son is 2. i usually bring him in the bathroom with me but i just wanted to see what other mothers did. and yes i usually shower while he's napping but sometimes i don't have the time because im busy with other things and sometimes he doesnt nap at all.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 4:12 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I've done all of the above. When he was a baby I would put him in his bouncy seat. When he got a little older I would do it while he napped or put him on the bed watching tv (I could see him from the shower) or bring him in the shower with me once he was walking.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 4:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• i have my SO watch our son.
    Anonymous

• my 10 month old showers with me. I know it is a bad habit but we started it once he became mobile. Ever since he was born he throws the BIGGEST fit when you take a shower without him. Usually I would just put him in his bouncy chair and let him cry but now that is not an option. I have tried letting him hang out on the bathroom floor to but he just walks over to the shower door, opens it and tries over and over again to climb in. lol
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 4:34 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My daughter is one and I either put her in her crib with toys and bring the monitor in the bathroom, bring her in the shower with me and let the tub fill up with water so she can play, or shower while she naps or after she goes to bed at night.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 5:28 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My son is 2. I use the bathroom that is in our room. My room is baby proofed, so I lock him in the room and put in a video and tell him to stay on my bed. That way I can see him from the shower.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 5:51 PM on May. 5, 2009

• My son is 2 and my daughter is 11 weeks. Depending on what time it is during the day, all 3 of us may shower together. My 2 year old showers with me a lot, and I have no issues with it. He doesn't show any interest in my body parts besides my boobs, because he's still nursing, and whenever they're not covered, he thinks he gets to nurse. If it's early in the morning when I want to shower, I can usually just turn cartoons on in the living room and he'll sit on the couch and watch them. I usually try to nap when the kids do, so that time slot isn't really a good one for me.
    MelanieLouise

Answer by MelanieLouise at 6:13 PM on May. 5, 2009

• I shower with my 21 month old as well. Or if she's not interested I let her play on the bathroom floor, but always naked and with toys she can bring into the shower, because she usually ends up wanting to come in with me.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 6:22 PM on May. 5, 2009